Monday, January 06, 2014

Golden Hills Trail Marathon 2007

This was 7 years ago.  I was on the cusp of crossing over into ultra running status and then for no obvious reason I just quit .  Looking back at old blog post has been enlightening.   I'm still not sure why the wheels feel off after the race, I never ran with enthusiasm after the trail marathon.   It was a good day but if I am honest I was relieved not to be slave to the training schedule.  You hear it all the time " don't be slave to the schedule, figure out what works for you".   I thought I did .  I built this race up so much in my mind that by the time I crossed the finish line....anti-climatic as that was ...not much fanfare at trail races but no family or friends could be there, and my race report was barely noticed , I think I was doing the race just as much for external recognition and when it didn't come I didn't have enough internal motivation to continue.


No comments: