Sunday, October 16, 2005

Back Home

So there's a reason why elite runners train at altitude!!
I thought I'd check out the hotel amenites, nice pool, jacuzzi and decent treadmill. 10 minutes on the treadmill I was huffing, 20 minutes I was done walked for another 10.

Saturday I went out dancing with my "nieces" and was introduced as Aunt Chris....Much to my chagrin......Sunday we went for a not-too-strenous hike w/the the younger girls in tow (my girl isn't super outdoorsy so this is always a bit of a challenge) Monday I went with our friends to their gym and actually ran for 30 mins on the treadmill and then did a Pilates class (Sue, if you read this yes I was sore!!).

So I did acclimate some though my sinuses were killing me.
I've been home a week and have gotten back on track with my running. Today was an easy 3mi 27:14, I met up w/my family at the flea market. I'm getting good at blending the running with family time.

No comments: