Sunday, August 06, 2006

Long Run by the Bay

I went for a pretty long run this morning....3 hours long to be exact...I'm not having any luck with gooogle maps and cannot for the life of me figure out how to map routes...ideally 10 and 12 mile loops that lead back to my house. I'm guessing I did at least 10 miles on mostly paved trails. By the time I got to El Cerritto I turned left towards the bay. A portion of the bay trail runs parallel Point Isabel, Brandy's favorite dog park....not so pleasant smelling when your running and breathing hard.

The triclub folk met here once and we ran a 3 mile loop, turning around just before the marina. Today I kept going and discovered Richmond Marina Park. The elements were all in alignment this morning, blue sunny sky, gentle breezes with mild temps in the 70s. Just a great day to be out there. The sun danced on the water and sparkled like tinsle. I was surprised that there weren't more people out and about.

The double strawberry run was 14.7 miles and that took me 3.5 hours. It was really warm and hilly that day. Today's run was flat w/perfect weather and it took me nearly three hours (2:45 mins to be exact) Maybe I went further than 10 miles? I really felt it after this run. Running on concrete paved trails really is tiring. I'd hop over to a dirt trail when it was available but most of the run was on the hard stuff.

It's good to be home.

1 comment:

Black Knight said...

3 hours running! wow!!! And I am sure that the route was fantastic (marina ecc.).